The Illinois Secretary of State, as a result of the increasing number of COVID cases, announced earlier that their office would be closed to the public January 3, 2022 through January 18, 2022. The State has now announced that they will reopen on January 24th rather than January 18th.
As a reminder, the following is information that will be helpful as we continue to weather the closure.
Corporate Department and Limited Liability Departments:
- Will continue to process online filings.
- Will process routine documents Unisearch mails in and return them by mail.
- Will allow Unisearch to request for both routine and expedite certified copies by email and return them via email.
- The Departments cannot accept or process any expedited filings or secure ANY file dates since routine filings receive the date of processing. Expedited filings will be held until the Departments re-open.
- During the closure, penalty and interest will not be assessed on corporations.
- Will allow Unisearch to email certified search and copy requests and return them via email.
- Will continue to process UCC filings Unisearch submits by courier or mail. Filings will receive the date received as the file date if not rejected.
Please note – Since the Departments above will be working on a rotating skeleton crew, processing times may vary. Unisearch will be unable to give anticipated filing dates or turn-around times.
The Unisearch Illinois location has been in contact with the State and are setting procedures internally to best service your needs. We will do our best to provide the best possible service under the circumstances. Please feel free to contact us with any questions.